Tuesday, June 19, 2007

From the Mind of a Toddler

Bob and I usually try to write down the funny things Jaide says on the calendar but I guess now I can post them online!
Bob and Jaide got a hardcover book from the library about the Disney princesses. Someone decided to decorate the inside cover with pencil drawings before we borrowed the book. Each time Bob has read the book so far he's commented on how someone else was bad and had written in the book. Well yesterday night Jaide kind of went off about how she had to stop those kids from writing in the book. She seriously went on for like 8 minutes about it. I told her we'd get out an eraser and take care of it tomorrow. I guess she wanted to go back in time and stop the kids who wrote in the library book?? Toddler logic is pretty interesting.
Tonight I had a relief society presidency meeting here. Bob was going to have to do stuff, hence we met here so he could have the car, but his plans fell through. So Bob played computer games and Jaide attended parts of my meeting. Afterwards she asked me, "did you have fun with the girls?" "Yes, Jaide I did." "did they go home?" "Yes" "they went to their house for the bedtime. i had fun with the girls too."
Earlier tonight I called my little brother (happy birthday Mick!) but Jaide didn't want to say happy birthday. She later said she wanted to call Kathy so we did. She started chatting away while the phone was ringing. I told her she had to wait for someone to answer. Maybe she got scared when Rusty answered the phone, because then she wouldn't talk. Of course when I started talking to Kathy, then she wanted the phone but not really to talk. Then dumb me, I shut down the computer while on the skype phone and then wondered where Kathy went. duh! Speaking of birthdays, today Jaide said, "it's not my birthday" but didn't follow up with 'it's not today!' She, like all toddlers of a certain age, is so hyped about birthdays. Hers, her friends, as long as she gets some cake I don't think she really cares. She keeps saying, "my birthday is Sunday" I told her yesterday, "your birthday is on a Saturday this year, Uncle Russel's birthday is on a Sunday, because it's the day after yours." "no! my birthday is on Sunday!" "Jaide, your birthday is next month." This was during the same car ride to pick up daddy where she was emphatic that we were picking up mommy. She also used the s-t-u-p-i-d word. She was a naughty little girl!
I've asked Jaide what she wants for her birthday and she tells me "i have a cake and blow the candles! ...and the best birthday party ever!" I try to ask her about particular presents, but then of course she wants anything and every thing I suggest.

3 comments:

Hules said...

Oh, yes, I love the wisdom & wit of toddlers. Oh, did you get a new calling? You never mentioned it. Is Harms still R.S. Pres?

atomicblob said...

Meg is the Relief Society Secretary (and Sister Harms is the President), I'm not sure if that is news for you. Sometimes you don't realize what you take for granted until you hear the way it sounds to a toddler. I can't believe how much I have forgotten since I was a child.

Meg said...

Yeah, I got called to be the secretary last November. Time flies when you're having fun. :)