Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Girls Night Out

Jaide and I went out to eat tonight. I try to do something fun when Bob is out of town to make it seem less sad and Bobless. We were a little stir-crazy today. I tried to get stuff done around the house this morning since I figured I'd probably be taking one of the ladies I visit teach to work this afternoon (her car's in the shop and we did take her to work yesterday and today). So we headed to the gym after dropping her off. I really needed my 2 hour break from Jaide, and I think she needed a break from me too. Jaide really likes the nursery at the gym. But it was funny, today when I asked her about it she told me that those kids were not her friends. Now usually, any and every small person she can see with her eyes is her friend, but apparently not the kids there today. I don't know what happened. Later she told me that there was a baby and the ladies were touching it and putting it in a chair. Um, okay Jaide.
So anyway, I figured today would be a good day to go out to eat since we got out of the gym a little after 5pm. I asked Jaide what she wanted to eat and of course her first response was juice. (still hasn't gotten the hungry-food/eat, thirsty-beverage/drink idea down yet) I named off a couple of things and she agreed to pizza. So we went to Bertucci's. We had never been there before. It was pretty good, but a little expensive. They make brick oven pizzas. Jaide saw the brick ovens and said, "oh no, fire!" Her other interesting declarations included, "there are people over there" (referring to the table of people on the other side of a tiny wall from us), "I think there are people behind me now!" (said loudly when some people were seated behind us, and "what's that?" "A paddle to get the pizzas out of the oven" "it's not working" "Probably because it's on the wall like a decoration"
She was a pretty good girl most of the time. She did crawl in my lap to sample my soda and spent the last part of the meal lying on her back on the bench with her feet up. They gave Jaide a small ball of dough to play with. It smelled like pizza dough, but the paper it was wrapped in said 'kids dough- nonedible' There were also some crayons and the children's menu. She said she wanted to take the crayons (and she did-oh I hope they don't melt in the car!) and the menu- but I don't think we took the menu. We did take leftovers home in a box. They made the whole car smell like pizza. I explained to Jaide what I was doing when I was paying the bill. She really liked the slot in the folder for the credit card. She wanted to leave the credit card in it but I insisted on taking it with me.
So that was my first experience dining out with just Jaide at a little classier place than our more usual "classy" places (ie McDonalds and the like). But I sure am glad that Bob leaves for home tomorrow!

3 comments:

atomicblob said...

I'm glad I'm leaving for home tomorrow too, but it would be nice to take a vacation someday instead of just going somewhere to work or somewhere to attend something. It would also be fun to spend some money on such a vacation, but it wouldn't be that much fun to spend any of my money since we don't have any. They have sailboats here, I want to go sailing. Too bad I don't have any extra time . . .

Hules said...

Yea for Girls' night outs! Aren't daughters the best!!

Cindy said...

I love little kids' comments on things.