Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Seventh Ultrasound

Today I had my seventh ultrasound with this munchkin. There's a good chance it won't be the last either since I went to the place my insurance wants me to go instead of to the place the doctor wanted me to go. They weren't able to look at the blood flow at this place (who knew? not me that's for sure) but they checked the growth. The squeakuel is measuring at 30 weeks 1 day (according to official due date I'm 29 weeks, 4 days) and she's a bit over 3 pounds. And yes, she is in fact head down. It was kind of cool to actually feel her flip over on Monday. Bob and Jaide got to come in for the last 10 minutes (basically after the ultrasound exam was done the tech just did some more to show them stuff).
The tech was nice enough to print off a picture just for Jaide. Jaide was somewhat excited about it. At dinner tonight, she was holding the picture and looking at it. We asked her if that was her baby sister. She said, "yes, it's baby sister." Then she said, "it's our baby." Then she changed her mind and said, "it's a baby tiger!" Then she told me I had a baby tiger inside of me. She told me the same thing tonight when I was helping her go to sleep. "you have a baby tiger inside you and I'm a tiger and daddy is a tiger. Rrrraaarrr!"

3 comments:

Hules said...

Wow, 7 Ultrasounds! Does the photo of the baby somehow resemble a tiger? Atleast she & Bob are also tigers... that's more logical than thinking it's an alien or something.

Meg said...

I don't think it looks like a tiger. It's a profile shot, a regular 2d ultrasound picture. I'm not sure where the tiger thing came from. But she seemed to think it was funny to insist it was a tiger baby when I kept saying it wasn't.

mom said...

Better a tiger than an dinosaur, lol. I do hope no one is telling her that she can "play with" the baby after she's born. Newborns just don't "play" well.