Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Fun Little Quiz

This quiz got me. I've been made fun of for my midwestern accent before. I got this off of Jenny's blog. She always has a lot of fun things. Thanks Jenny!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland

North Central

The West

The Northeast

Philadelphia

Boston

The South

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

7 comments:

kathy said...

yay for us and our chicago accents! i still can't believe some people pronounce dawn and don the same! :)

rosie said...

I'm from the West, go figure.

How else would you pronounce dawn and don?

Cindy said...

Surprisingly, I also have a Western accent.

kathy said...

rosie,

dawn rhymes with brawn and don rhymes with ron. :)

rosie said...

Um, don't brawn and ron rhyme too?

kathy said...

Not to me. Brawn makes the awww sound but ron makes the ahhh sound. Do they both sound like awww or ahhh to you?

rosie said...

To me they're both schwas, which is the sound the doctor tells you to make when you open wide. I suppose that would be the ahhh sound?