Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fun With Scissors

This story took place last Sunday night.
I've really, really been meaning to call and make an appointment to get my hair cut. It just kept not happening though. Last Sunday night, I was fed up with my way too long hair getting all over (especially since it's falling out!)That's just a small sample.

So I got a hankering to cut my own hair. I've done this once before- pre cut my very long hair so that the stylist wouldn't be all worried about cutting so much off. These pre cut pictures make my hair look better than it really was.
So I pulled my hair in front of my shoulders and cut. And that's how it looked on my head (above) and in the trash can (below).

But the back wasn't very even and it was still pretty long since I'd pulled it in front to cut it.
I let Bob help me "even out" the back. Oops! Better even it out a bit more.
Eh, close enough. Well.... I think I need to grow it out a little more before I get it professionally cut. I've just been wearing it in ponytails (like before only shorter). No one has noticed it (or mentioned it at least).

Bob always wants me to cut his hair but it's not my favorite thing to do. I didn't get a picture of Bob until I had already started.
He was trying to make a sad face, but I kept making him laugh. Here's the end result, sort of. He did clean up a bit and comb his hair and stuff.

4 comments:

Meg said...

That's the basement bathroom in case you were wondering. It is oops paint blue, whereas the upstairs bathroom is a cheerful yellow oops paint.

The next day I asked Jaide if I looked different. "Do I look like a different person?" Making a face- "yeah" "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" "bad thing" "Why is that a bad thing?" "you look like a monster" "Why do I look like a monster?" "because you don't have any hair" And then she was somewhat disturbed until I put my hair back up in a ponytail (my mommy hair uniform I guess).

Brenda said...

I love to put my hair in a pony tail too! My girls don't like it though.
I am amazed that you cut your own hair. You are so brave. It does look good though. Maybe you should do hair on the side.... (:

Rusty & Kathy said...

i think your hair looks pretty good, meg. that little jaide is a stinker. she doesn't know what she's saying. thanks for putting up the fun pictures.

Tracy said...

Holy cow you are brave. I will never cut my own hair because I have no skills in that area. I love how you show it uneven and then fixed, very fun.