Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Little Over 24 Hours

Did you miss me? Did you know I was gone? We were without internet and phone service for a little over 24hrs between yesterday afternoon and this afternoon. It's sure a good thing we have our little pre-paid cell phones!
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did learn how to test to see if the problem is in the house or on the phone company's end and I also learned that a huge ant colony was living inside our outdoor phone testy thing- ewww. They were wiped out in my "raid" hee, hee, -get it, "Raid" Anyway. . .
Kiree in her little white bucket hat with enormous strap.

We went to the library and I got myself two books written by Miss Manners. I finished the smaller one "Miss Manners' Basic Training: The Right Thing to Say" and I've started on the much larger "Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior Freshly Updated" So far I've thought they are interesting and informative. The way she writes reminds me a little bit of Lemony Snicket. In addition to those and a couple of movies for Jaide, I also got the documentary "Supersize Me" which we haven't watched yet. I'll have to let you know what I think once we've had the chance.

Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to Mom/Grandma R!


Kiree crys out in baby language "mom! I'm teething and it hurts!!" loudly for all at the Walmart to hear. Unfortunately, to adults it just sounds like "waaaaahhhh! ahhhhhh! *scream*"

6 comments:

Rusty & Kathy said...

wow, meg. such adventures for you guys. i keep thinking that i should call you, and i almost did yesterday. but i guess it's good that i didn't. we'll have to talk about the chicago trip sometime. and just chat. glad to hear your phone is wokring again

Tracy said...

Aren't you always having phone issues? Yuck, I can't stand ants. I've heard Supersize Me is very scary as this man gets so unhealthy and fat eating those big macs. I've never watched it, probably because we eat there on a regular basis. You'll have to let me know if I should stop.

Rusty & Kathy said...

oh yeah, they showed supersize me at international cinema this past semester, but we missed it. i heard it's pretty gross. we're not fast fooders, but i think it would still make me never want to eat there again.

Hules said...

Such CUTE photos! Wow, I totally hear ya on the teething thing. Seems like it's so easy to forget over the years what they go through during the teething stage. Nothing like a 6 month old baby to help remind us!

And, ya, know, I'm clueless on the Avon order. I have the address corrected on my card too... other online orders seem to work fine. & it worked one time for me in GA. Hmmm?

Brenda said...

We watched Super Size Me and it was gross. I have a really hard time eating fries and soft drinks anymore. If I do go fast food, I usually go to Wendys now and get a potato as a side and a water.

meg said...

Brenda, we went to Wendy's yesterday and I got a salad! I think that movie is pretty effective for dieting sake.