Monday, June 23, 2008

Funny next year maybe?

Yesterday we had some friends over for dinner. They shared an amusing anecdote about their almost 2 year old daughter trying to flush their keys down the toilet. The keys were narrowly rescued from going down the hole.
Almost 2 year olds sure are a handful!
The girls played while the adults played a board game and the almost 2 year old followed Jaide and her big sister around, occasionally hitting them on their heads when adults weren't looking. Little sisters!
Fast forward to this afternoon: I can't find my keys! I've looked every where. I still can't find them. Who knows where they are???

4 comments:

Meg said...

Almost 2 year old wasn't allowed upstairs yesterday after previous visits that included dumping water on the floor of the bathroom and squeezing lotion all over Jaide's bedroom. But the big girls managed to take down the baby gate we had put up and almost 2 year old made her way up with them before we noticed. Jaide was singing "we did it!" about getting the baby gate down. **shaking my head**

Rusty & Kathy said...

That is crazy! Have you found your keys yet? Would they really go down the toilet or would that clog it up? Maybe Jaide needs a little less Dora....

Meg said...

No keys yet. Bob tried "going fishing" with a strong magnet tied with a string and no luck. Not knowing is the worst part! Okay, maybe the worst part is actually just not being able to find them.

kathy said...

btw - this reminds me of the time when I was positive I had flushed my CTR ring down the toilet on campus. I was so sad. I later found the ring hiding out in some of the folds in my pants. Crazy. I hope you find your keys.