Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight....

FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!

If you know the song that line is from, then cool for you.

Thank goodness we're not Sims, so when our oven caught fire this evening we didn't go nuts and end up getting hauled off by the grim reaper. Jaide was less freaked out about this fire than she was about this one and less freaked out than she was about spilling a full bottle of water just a few minutes ago.

At least it didn't ruin our dinner, or too much else. Hopefully the bottom oven will be okay once we clean it out.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I do know that song! You have me singing it. A fire? Crazy. Glad you're all safe and glad your dinner wasn't ruined. That's what pizza delivery is for :)

Emily Petty said...

Crazy! Is your oven still functional - our new oven is the tiniest thing I've ever seen - so much for fitting that big roasting pan in that I brought. I didn't find your blog until sometime later this spring/early summer so I never heard the Sims story - that is the funniest/saddest computer story that I've ever heard! Oh - and I've never been tagged before, so I'll have to figure out what to write.

bfeagin said...

I used to be a Sims-er. Then I had kids. (Plus our computer couldn't handle the memory it took.) How sad about eveything! I am also a newcomer to your blog, so your story was tragically hilarious. I am glad your house didn't burn down!