Friday, August 22, 2008

Off the Charts

Jaide and Kiree had doctor appointments today. Jaide is 42.5" now (without putting her hair up in a half pony even). Kiree is off the charts for weight, as in off the bottom :( Kiree lost weight since her last check up three months ago, she is 27" long though which is about 50th percentile. We've got to go back for a weight check in six weeks. Now she did have two big poops this morning before her appointment .... But we need to work on making sure she has enough time to eat more often and more calories.
Otherwise the girls did okay. Jaide had to get four shots. Kiree ended up getting one shot because she didn't get it at her last appointment. That made Jaide feel better-that Kiree had to get a shot too. Kiree also had to get a blood test too. Jaide helped her to be brave.

5 comments:

Emily Petty said...

I love reading your posts Meg - you are so funny! Jaide's hair cut looks great and happy birthday to Bob - mine was yesterday. I'm so sorry that we weren't able to get together again before we left - it was just so crazy! I'm impressed with your cheesecake - the only kind I know how to make is that no-bake kind!

Hules said...

Wow, Annelise is just a little taller than Jaide! Sometimes they just get to a certain age & level out I guess. Annelise was always so much taller & our doctor was also concerned when she started losing weight as a baby like Kiree. I wouldn't let them worry you about it.

And, wow, Kiree's shot made Jaide feel better about the shots? Annelise had hers first & screamed in horror, then when they went towards Jocelyn, she screamed bloody murder. "They're going to hurt Jocelyn!" Ah, the trauma in the Doc's office.

Tracy said...

My kids have never lost weight at a checkup. You need to buy her more Happy Meals!

Cindy said...

Kiree really is Bob's daughter. She got the metabolism along with the hair, eyes, and coloring.

bfeagin said...

I remember the last time I was in the Dr.'s office with both of them sobbing, clinging to me- one on each leg. I though to myself- thank goodness I didn't have twins! (or Quadruplets for that matter.)