Friday, September 12, 2008

First Day of School! Second Day of School! Third Day of School!

Jaide with her bag of "rest time" items.
Last week was Jaide's first week of preschool. She likes school a lot. Jaide and Kiree wore matching shirts in honor of the first day of school. Unfortunately, Jaide insisted on wearing old, stained shorts for the first day. Oh well! She doesn't care, I guess I shouldn't be too bothered by it. I prepared ahead for the first day, but somehow, we still ended up being a bit frazzled and a little late.

Jaide with her Curious George backpack at her cubbie.

Things went a lot better on Wednesday. I had everything ready and made sure we left early to get there on time. We even had time to take a picture outside the school before class. I also got to put Jaide's hair up before we left (Monday it didn't even get combed-yikes!) I did Jaide's hair the same way for her swim class on Tuesday. Jaide was doing so good they moved her up to level 4 (she was in level 2). Jaide was actually swimming, underwater, all by herself.


I really enjoyed the time I've had to myself this week while Jaide has been in school and Kiree has been taking a nap. I've been working on reading or listening to the last general conference before the next one. Kiree and I have had some good time together just the two of us as well. Sadly, I got Bob's cold on Thursday and so on Friday I spent much of the day lying down and taking it easy. I think I'm feeling better now.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like preschool is going great! Yay! I love those quiet moments when the big kids are in school and it's just me and Nina. It's the only time she gets one on one time and it's lovely.

Jenny said...

Yes, it's nice to have one on one time with Henry while the big boys are at Kindergarten. It's a bit strange, you know, having only one baby to take care of...

Tracy said...

How did she get so old? Selena is enjoying preschool too. She looks lovely and so grown up.

Emily Petty said...

Your girls are so darling! I love 'first day of school pics' - everyone looks so excited. The video of Kiree is adorable - I can't believe our babies are getting so big.

Hules said...

Love the photos! Isn't having daughters a sweet life?