Sunday, October 26, 2008

Incredible! Trunk or Treat

Friday was the annual Trunk or Treat activity at church. This year we also had a chili cook-off and dessert bake-off. And like any other time we're coming to an activity we're not required to help set up, we were late. But hey, we still got to eat before the trunk or treating began.
This year we decided to be the Incredibles since Kiree has the right kind of hair to be Jack Jack.
I bought Jaide's costume from Target.com, since they had a Violet costume and it wasn't too expensive. I bought Kiree a solid red pajamma outfit from Walmart's website since I wasn't have much luck otherwise. Actual Jack Jack costumes on ebay were going for way, way too much.
For Bob and I, I bought red, long sleeved t-shirts at Joanns fabric store. I also bought some fabric remnants that I was going to use to make the black underwearish part of our costumes, but that didn't end up getting done. I ended up using my black swim shorts and buying a pair of black boxers for Bob. Bob had a red pair of sleep pants and I got a red pair of pants from a thrift store. I was going to make iron on patches for our shirts, but we didn't get around to that either. So in these pictures we actually have a logo printed out on plain paper and taped on. It worked out pretty well. I should have cut out Kiree's logo too. So probably for Friday night we'll do that again (the other papers got kinda trashed).
Lots of people told us our costumes were incredible! We even found our long lost son, Dash who came with another family to the trunk or treat but we didn't get a picture.

The girls and I got into some candy after we got home. Sorry Kiree, no peanut butter candy for you.

We took off the costumes before we actually opened up the chocolate.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Those are incredible costumes. Very cute.

Tracy said...

So incredible! You're very creative and you all look great. The kids get double candy when they get the trunk-or-treat and then Halloween night.

Mahaffey Family said...

You guys looked great! I loved the costumes!

Brenda said...

Those are awesome!! I'm very impressed. (:

kathy said...

those turned out great! thanks for putting up the pictures.

Hules said...

Sooo cute! It's been fun catching up seeing all your adorable photos! I just found out we don't have a trunk or treat here! (: ... well, it would kind of be redundant since there's only 3 nonmembers in our only 2 block ward... but still... the more parties the better, right?

Emily Petty said...

Very cool - just read a blog about discovering a real long-lost daughter, and there was your note about your long-lost son Dash - so funny! I'm impressed with your costume skills!

Jenni said...

Great costumes!! I love trunk or treats!!

bfeagin said...

I was one of those people who complemented you- I really thought you were way creative! Way to go!

David & Mary Grow said...

I love your costumes. Brilliant!