Monday, October 6, 2008

Work, Work, Work

I don't have too much interesting stuff to write about right now. We've been doing a lot of work on the big project. I've finished painting and I'm not touching another paint brush or roller for the rest of the year! We bought the frames for our big 'ol closet/wardrobe and have one set up so far. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a couple of things accomplished this weekend that I wanted to but we did manage to get a few things done, and the house is fairly clean even! We listened/watched general conference online and the girls weren't completely nuts. On Saturday Jaide was a bit stir crazy (even after going to Spanish class in the morning and playing outside with the neighbor twins for a little bit). So she and I went to the gym while Kiree napped and Bob did whatever Bob did. Sunday wasn't too bad actually. We listened to the morning session in the girls' room while they played. Fortunately, babysitting for a friend this past week lit a fire under my behind to get the girls' room "play ready" and they sure have enjoyed it. It's a little "restaurant" play area. For the afternoon session we went down to the basement with it's mountain of stuff we moved down there while working upstairs. Jaide played a computer game, Kiree figured out how to crawl up the slide, and I managed to put some stuff away- yay! I also went through the baby clothes and decided which ones I'm willing to give away.
Sorry Jaide, your "house" isn't quite the same any more
video
I'm still hoping that we can be all finished* by the end of this month with the upstairs projects.

*ah "finished" Is anything ever actually "finished?" I have such issues with completely completing anything it seems. I guess I should say finish as much as I plan to do at this point. There's always more that you could do. Like I'd like to replace the bedroom doors since they're cheap and all kicked in by the previous kid residents of this house. But I don't know that that's going to happen any time soon.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Good luck with all your projects!! Sounds like you are doing so much! Jaide is so cute in that video!

Tracy said...

You are always working in that house! I wish I had your energy. Jaide is adorable!

Cindy said...

I particularly like the sound effects for getting dressed after swimming.