Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas Closing Ceremonies

Three weeks ago I decided that we should take down the Christmas stuff and try to make it a fun occasion. The idea I came up with was having a Christmas Closing Ceremony- like the Olympics Closing Ceremony. The problem was that I wasn't exactly sure what they do at the Olympics Closing Ceremony or exactly what we should do.
The Christmas music idea didn't work out. We did have some hot cocoa and we did work together putting stuff away. I stacked some boxes and stuff up like a podium to take these pictures. Kiree wasn't too thrilled. Kiree much preferred trying to sit in baby Jesus' manger from our outdoor nativity (on clearance at Kohl's after last Christmas- like 80% off! woo hoo).
But it is always fun when we pull out the ladder to get into the attic. Bob added insulation and a plywood floor to half of the attic this winter and now we have all the Christmas stuff up there too. Jaide wants desperately to be able to go up there some day, but we keep telling her she is too little. "Maybe when I'm big, like when I'm 5!" she tells us.

5 comments:

janae said...

"Maybe when I'm big, like when I'm 5" ?! That is so cute! I remember swearing that I wouldn't learn to ride a bike until I was "a grown up, like when I turn 10." Kids are too funny!

Brenda said...

Good for you! I am all about getting it done as soon as possible, and this year I totally lost my temper when Bri had a great idea that all the girls needed to help me and so they did which ended up in all the decorations thrown wherever they could find a spot!! Argh! I finally made them go play downstairs. Anyway, kudos to you!!

Emily Petty said...

What a creative/fun idea!!

kathy said...

Jaide is such a funny girl. And a heck of a speller. Rusty asked me yesterday if I thought you were telling her what letters to write. I'm going to hope so, or else maybe she is big enough to go into the attic. :)

Meg said...

yes, I was telling her what letters to write. she's not quite that good yet.