Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family Funnies

Today Jaide asked me, "when is it going to be youster again?" What? "you know, when you go out and find the youster eggs from the youster bunny." Oh, Easter, not until April. "how many is that?" I showed her on the calendar. "that's a long time away." Later this evening when I mentioned Easter Sunday, Jaide said, "Youster's on a Sunday?

Also this morning: Jaide said, "i want to watch the movie with the green guy with the babies." Meg said, "huh?" Jaide said, "the one with the green guy with the brown shirt and the gingerbread man and he had all the babies."
Meg, finally figuring it out, "oh, Shrek."
Jaide- "no" then eventually "yes, Shtrek"
Meg- "we don't have that one"

After Church today, I brought the girls home and Bob was still at Church. The girls were happily playing so I ran up to the bathroom. A little while later I hear a tiny little voice at the bottom of the stairs say, "where dahdee?" I believe she was referring to me and she did come up and find me.

Tonight when we were reading the girls stories before bed, Kiree who isn't very interested in sitting still long enough to be read to was wandering around their room. She saw her Elmo in her crib and started climbing up on a nearby toy to try and get in the crib to save him. I then said, "you want to get in bed Kiree?" Kiree then made a negative sounding grunt, hopped off the toy and ran off again. We did that a few times. Kiree has also figured out what it means when we say it's nap time and she often cries when we say it. I'm sure it won't be long before she is saying "no nap!" like her big sister used to.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Those are pretty funny. I had no idea what youster was supposed to mean.

Emily Petty said...

These are so cute - I love reading the things kids say. I can't believe that Kiree can say phrases - Frank must be behind!

Jenni said...

Very cute! I always sing Nina the same song when she's going down for a nap or going to bed and when she was really little she would sometimes try to cover my mouth when I started that song - she got her point across... Funny how kids understand so much so soon!:)

Brenda said...

Oh cute girls! I can't believe how old they are getting! Man, it seems like just the other day that you had Jaide. Raegan is starting to say no to naps already. I give her a binkie and she knows it's nap time so she shakes her head and says, "No!". Hmmm...

Hules said...

Classic, nothing's better than real life kiddos when it comes to humor.