Sunday, January 4, 2009

Little Rascal

So the past couple of days the upstairs toilet hasn't been flushing right. Yesterday we took the toilet off to see what was wrong. I was really hoping it would be my keys (lost back in June, possibly flushed by a small visitor) stuck in the porcelain maze at the base of the commode. It wasn't. It was one of the girls' play kitchen glasses.
see what the little one is holding in her hand?
My guess is that this little person put the cup in the potty and then someone else flushed it (I don't think she can reach it yet). The toilet is back, better than ever (new wax ring and not moving nearly so much anymore). I guess we better keep kiddo out of the bathroom...
...and off the stairs. Kiree took her first tumble down the stairs the day after Christmas and cut her forehead. She was okay though but pretty sad. I think she might just be a little more careful now unlike a certain older sister of hers was at her age.
Can you even see the cut on her forehead? Sick Meg in the background watching many episodes of The Office on netflix.

5 comments:

kathy said...

so how did a cup that big end up going down the toilet? It looks like it would just swirl around the bottom... but I'm glad you guys got it fixed. :) Those silly girls.

Jenni said...

I'm sorry you're sick and also for the mishaps - bathroom/kiddo mishaps are the worst!!

Tracy said...

So glad your toilet mystery got solved. Your girls are too cute!

Emily Petty said...

We had to put a child lock on the toilet - which I find really annoying, but I guess necessary. Frank's had his first little falls down the steps too, but he's only fallen a step or two and hasn't gotten hurt - I'm hoping that will be enough to teach him...but probably not! I hope Kiree (and you)is better!

Hules said...

Aren't these little toddlers amazing. They run around with everything don't they?

I'm so glad Jocelyn's water fascination is over, however, I did find my wallet in her bathtub yesterday!