Sunday, February 8, 2009

Patapsco State Park

this picture is from their website, we didn't see anything that looked like that yesterday
We've had some really nice weather the last two days. I don't know how long that will last though.
But fortunately we got out in the nice weather yesterday. We met Bob's cousin Mary and her family at Patapsco State Park. I forgot to bring the camera of course. It was a lot of fun. They cooked hotdogs at one of the little picnic areas near this big playground made of various sized tires. After lunch we roasted some marshmellows (or shmallos as Jaide calls them). Jaide loved playing with her second cousins. Kiree just loved being allowed to walk outdoors. Bob wasn't there since he was in D.C. at a conference. All of the kids except Kiree tried to dig underneath some tree stumps looking for buried treasure left by some pirates or something. We went on a little hike and Jaide walked the whole time (yay!) I carried Kiree but I did let her walk a little bit, holding both of her hands. It was pretty muddy (there was some snow and ice in spots too). Jaide wasn't too happy to get her shoes and clothes all muddy. I guess she is kind of a girly girl. After we got home I threw just about everything into the washing machine. I planned on letting everyones' sneakers air dry, but apparently one of Jaide's shoes got into the dryer and is now noticeably smaller than the other. I guess we'll see tomorrow morning if it affected the fit. :0

5 comments:

Jenny said...

It never occured to me that a sneaker could shrink...hope it still fits her tomorrow!

Meg said...

I didn't mention it to her and she didn't seem to notice, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Tracy said...

What a fun day. You're so good going out even with snow and mud. Too bad your hubby couldn't enjoy it with you. Good luck with the shoes!

janae said...

So my question is, are you going to wash and dry the other so that it shrinks, too? That way they match sizes? Then again, one of my feet is bigger than the other (by 1/2 size), so maybe having one be slightly smaller isn't a big deal. :)

Emily Petty said...

Funny shoes...ah the joys of washer and drier machines, on the one hand (we're currently going through a bout of a bad stomach bug in our house) and I REALLY wouldn't want to be without one, but on the other hand - I keep ruining so many things!! I hope Jaide's shoes fit. I like Patapsco state park, I loved your comment about the website picture - ha ha, isn't that always the way?