Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Week in Review






I hope you had a happy St. Patrick's Day this week. We celebrated by wearing green. I bought the girls' shirts on clearance after last St. Patrick's day. We all have Irish ancestry, but Kiree definitely looks the most Irish. I also made some green dessert but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Jaide didn't even finish her serving. Oh well.

Last Sunday I taught my Valiant 10B class for the first time and I enjoyed it. The kids are good. I know a lot of their moms.

I had my doctor check out the weird lump that has been growing on my scalp for a couple of years. She told me what she thought it was and that it wasn't harmful (well that's good) but it is annoying so I need to talk to a surgeon about getting it removed. So Mom, your turn now to get that lump on your finger taken care of!

I also went to the dermatologist this week and started a new chapter in the fight against acne. How many decades has this battle been raging? Probably not two yet. They put me on accutane and I started it on Friday. Boy you sure do have to jump through many a hoop to be on that stuff!

I noticed another molar poking through Kiree's gum tonight, so that brings us up to 12 teeth. She sure has been drooly lately, so I guess it makes sense. Lately Kiree has been saying "appy" every time she sees the apple juice container and "baa" at bath time. Today one of her toenails poked into its neighbor toe and she needed a bandaid. Bob gave her one of Jaide's favorite Scooby Doo bandaids. Kiree was trying to say Scooby Dooby Doo and it was pretty cute.

I'll have to post some pictures of the dining room when we're all finished painting. One wall left to go! We put up some chair rail today (after we messed up the first pieces and had to go back to Lowes to get another one) and I'm happy with the way it turned out. If only we could find the tube of caulk we bought today- the one that was last seen in Kiree's hands.

4 comments:

janae said...

I'm glad your Valiant 10B class went well! That's gotta be a crazy switch from being in the RS presidency. Good luck with the accutane. I had bad acne as a teen (and it flares up randomly when I get pregnant/give birth) and I tried just about everything out there. I can't wait to resurrect! :)

Emily Petty said...

Wow - Meg you keep busy!

Brenda said...

I hear ya on the acne! It drives me crazy that I should be way past that acne stage, but am still fighting with it on a continual basis!! I went on accutane twice when I was younger. It helped, but I still struggle. Good luck!

Meg said...

Sorry it took so long to get those pictures off of the camera and onto the blog!
I did eventually find that tube of caulk Kiree was playing with. It was tucked securely away in the nightstand in my room by the little girl who loves to get into that nightstand even though she's not supposed to. Now if I could just find the makeup I bought on Friday...