Thursday, May 7, 2009

When it rains, it floods


One good thing about rainy days is the cool overcast lighting for taking pictures. I'll have to post the rest of the ones I took later.



Were you praying for rain? or "moisture" as they say out in Utah? Well please stop. I think I've had about enough rain for a while. It has been raining a lot and last night we had thunder storms. And somewhere along the line our sump pump kicked the bucket- a bucket full of yucky water, which it spewed all over the utility room and the dirty zone of the basement carpet. I moved literally a few hundred gallons of water out of their via 5 gallon bucket to the downstairs toilet. But the best part (not) was what it did to the two printers we had in a box on the floor of the utility room waiting to be taken to the dump. The water made black ink flow forth all over the place- like some kind of angry squid was hanging out down there. What a mess. Of course I had to take pictures. So here you go.

And I thought it was bad when Jaide decided to fill the kitchen sink up with hand soap bubbles. At least that mess was clean!





The "dirty zone" of the carpet. Previously involved in the toilet over flow incident of '06.









Inky fun!



Water and various detritus. I hate washing that stupid runner because it sheds rubbery back bits like crazy.

5 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Oh no Meg! I'm so sorry - cleaning up from floods is the absolute worst! I hope your walls weren't damaged.

janae said...

OH NO!! That's awful! Do you ever feel like, I already have enough to do, I don't need a dirty, flooded, inky mess, too! I'm so sorry.

rosie said...

That's awful! Sorry, Meg.

Meg said...

Bob got a new sump pump and put it in. At least there wasn't much rain today. I guess we'll see how it goes this week when it rains.

BrookieT said...

Man! What a horrible thing to deal with! We are having some leakage issues here too. Not as bad. But I can relate. I hope your carpet isn't too ruined...