Sunday, September 27, 2009

More of the Same



Here are a couple of pictures for the picture fans.  

Week 3 of kitchen cabinet painting went pretty well.  All we have left to do is one more coat of paint on the doors, touch up the paint on the trim and cabinet boxes, cut and install the frosted plexiglass into the doors we're making "windowed."  Then we just need to drill holes in the doors to install the new knobs and put the doors back up.  Included in all that is waiting and waiting for paint to completely dry.  But easy, right?  I am glad we're getting to the end of the project.  The bottom cabinets and counter top will have to wait until some time next year.  Unless I get really motivated.

This picture is from week 1, it looks a lot different now.  



I bought a little charcoal grill on Labor Day since it was a good sale price and it sure has been useful for cooking out when we've been somewhat kitchenless.   

Potty training continues with more successes than failures.  Scooby Doo fruit snacks are quite a good motivation I guess.  Kiree's not afraid to 1 or 2 in the little potty, but she still wears diapers most of the time.  I let her go around bottomless at home sometimes to make pottying easier.  That's where the accidents have come about (that and a couple of diaper floods) but oh well.  I think she's figuring out when she needs to go before she actually does.  I put her on the potty every now and again, but she often just sits on it on her own.  

2 comments:

BrookieT said...

I am jealous. No interest in that whatsoever at our house!

Hules said...

Wow, she does both 1 and 2? Jocelyn potty-trained without fail for #2 at 18 months like my other girls. I'm happy enough to not change a single poopy diaper. At the beginning she was going for number 1 too.... but I guess I didn't make it seem necessary.
Way to go, Kiree!

By the way, thanks for the tip on the potty seat from Target. That is so cool. I've never seen anything like that before. So much less bulky than all the other kid seats.