Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Surgery! "you hurt your bottom?"

Today I had surgery to remove a lump from my scalp. I had to fast and then go in around eight this morning. Bob had to come with me and so the girls came too and waited in the waiting room. I was all ready to go and then the person in surgery ahead of me had to be taken to the emergency room. Great! The surgeon had to go with so I got to get dressed and go back home for about two hours. It was 10 am by then.
We used our time at home to play lego starwars on the wii for the first time. It was pretty fun. Then at 12:30 I called and they told me to come back in. This time I just had to wait for one guy ahead of me- a colonoscopy. A lot of people seemed to be getting colonoscopies today. But not me.
I finally got in to the operating room at 2:03. I should have brought a book or something. They waited to drug me right until the doctor got in. Then the next thing I knew it was all over. I was a little woozy but that cleared up pretty fast. My head hurt and still does a little. Now it mostly just feels tight. It was nice to eat food again. The nurse gave me some snacks and gave the girls more cookies (she gave them cookies before we left the first time too). Then we went home. I've got some funky crunchy hair, but I can't wash it for two days. At least I don't have a huge bald patch. I think this surgery ended up tightening up my left eyebrow area a little- we'll see if it lasts. It used to be a little bit more saggy than the other side, so I don't mind.
Later on Kiree was asking me about my surgery. She pointed to my head and said, "you hurt you bottom?" I told her that I had surgery on my scalp. "scalp" she repeated. Then she said, "you hurt you bottom."

3 comments:

BrookieT said...

What a funny kid, that Kiree! I am so glad everything went well. Did they ever tell you what it was? I didn't know, otherwise I would have asked Bob today how you were doing...

Meg said...

I'm going in for a follow up on Wednesday so hopefully they can tell me what it was then. I'm feeling really good now. It doesn't even hurt unless I bang into it :)

Emily Petty said...

I hope you heal fast!