Sunday, March 28, 2010

36 and 48

Jaide and I got haircuts a week ago Saturday at this new Great Clips near us.  It was a nice warm day and we went without coats, unlike yesterday and today.  Jaide really prefers having short hair.  In a lot of ways I do too.  I'm not exactly sure how much I like my haircut though.  Sometimes I think it's cute and sometimes it seems kind of like a brunette version of Arnold from the Magic School Bus.  Or an old lady do.  I think I probably did a little better job cutting my own hair back in July.  I cut my hair while it was dry and worked around what my hair naturally wanted to do.  My hair has it's own ideas that don't quite line up with this new haircut.  Maybe I'll have to tweak it.  

Yesterday we went to opening day at Six Flags.  Jaide and I got our season passes on halloween last year.  We came down last Saturday to get Bob's pass and our books of coupons.  I think this year is going to be more fun than the first year we had passes.  Kiree is now 36" (just barely, with shoes on) and that is the minimum height for many rides.  Jaide is now 48" (also just barely, with shoes on) and that is the minimum for several other rides.  I was really happy that all four of us could go on some rides together.  I finally got to go on the antique car ride and they finally had the train ride going, so we went on that.  We got to see where the new kid section is going to be.  It looked like a bunch of dirt and construction equipment.  I guess it's supposed to open in "early summer."  All the employees were very friendly and not yet jaded/burned out.  We had a fun time and came home before dinner time.  We really like going at the non-peak times because there were hardly any lines and not tons of people.  We like having the passes because we can go and stay for as long as we feel like and then go home.  We don't feel like we have to try and cram in as much as possible.  We'll probably also go to another Six Flags park or two this year and that is another fun thing about the passes.   Kiree- wary of the creepy six flags guy and daffy duck

Work continues at home.  These past couple of weeks I've been working on painting the lower kitchen cabinets.  I'm working very incrementally right now.  I'm happy that I got the smallest base cabinet finished (except for pulling out the fridge and painting the side, but anyway...)  Bob put in the handles, previously there were none.  I purchased the handles, 2 for $1 from Ikea last year.  

I also rearranged stuff in the girls' room.  I made room in their dresser for their pajamas so that I could hang their dresses up in the same closet with their shirts.  Now the other closet (where the dresses used to be) has some dress up clothes hanging up in it and others in a bin on the floor of the same.  It's the play closet, it has a curtain instead of a door and I painted the interior of it purple a while back.  Kiree "helped" me rearrange the books this week too.  I put some of them in the open shelf in their play kitchen.  We sure have a lot of kid books.  A few weeks ago I used the arrange-a-room thing on bhg.com to make a plan for the girls room.  When Jaide turns six this summer, we're going to build the other bed and bunk them up.  Jaide will get the top bunk and Kiree will get her big bed on the bottom.  Then they will have more area for playing on the other side of the room.  Jaide was my consultant on that project.  

1 comment:

Rosie said...

It won't let me enlarge any of the photos, but your haircut looks cute as far as I can see it. Of course, all of you guys are always cute.