Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dads and Kindergarten Grads

This first paragraph was written last week and then ignored until now, I wanted to get the pictures up and I was busy.
We had a good weekend and I hope Bob had a
good father's day. I think he did. The girls made him cards and pictures. I bought him a book and along with the girls we made him waffles for breakfast. I also made him a special dinner- pot roast in the crock pot. I helped make brownies for the men at church for father's day and I got to bring home two of the extras-sweet.

It's hard to believe Jaide's first year of elementary school is over!
On Monday we went to the kindergarten picnic. I volunteered to help with games and that was pretty fun. It reminded me of my volunteer days as a teenager and my first job at the zoo. The station I was at was a water balloon relay. Bob and Kiree went around with Jaide's group. They were the last group at my station. Then we went in with the kids for a little
bit and got some water in our water bottle. It was super hot out! Then we had a picnic lunch outside. Since I had so much stuff to bring and Bob was just meeting us at school, I forgot the camera. I was sad too that there were no pictures from the picnic in the school newsletter on Wednesday. Oh well. All the kindergarten classes lined up and sang songs to us at the end of the picnic. They were wearing their color-coded t-shirts from their zoo field trip and they looked like a rainbow.
Tuesday we picked Jaide up a little bit early from school and went to Six Flags with one of the guys Bob used to work with and his family. It was fun to visit the new kids area- Thomas Town. We didn't bring the camera.
Disgustingly, I found the remains of this last school lunch in Jaide's lunch box just this evening.
Wednesday was the last day of school. Jaide was happy to ride the bus home, but sad that kindergarten was over. She told me she wished kindergarten never ended. She also told me that she wished
that first grade started the next day. We actually counted up how many days it would be until the first day of first grade but I've forgotten already.
I think Jaide is enjoying being home with Kiree although she's sad she hasn't gotten to go to kidspace at the gym yet.
Today even though we dragged the kids around to several boring places, they still got to get free samples at BJs, play at the play area at the mall, have icecream at the mall, and splash in the kiddie pool at home before bed.
We finally got rid of the extra fridge Thursday evening! The counter tops are going next!

No comments: