Monday, June 14, 2010

Kiree Kiddo's Great Adventure

On Friday, Kiree and I got to go to the summer birthdays celebration at Jaide's school. Kiree was so excited to go to Jaide's class! The kids in Jaide's class were very excited to see Kiree! Kiree was quickly surrounded by kids and hugged by several. Another mom and I were helping with the party, getting the snacks served to the kids. Kiree sat with Jaide and participated in the festivities. We sang to all eight kids who had birthdays June through August (all at once) After snacks, it was time to play! Jaide and one little boy played with the overhead projector and colorful transparent shapes. Kiree played with them for a while.
Then Kiree saw some other kids doing art. She joined them. Several kids drew pictures for her. Two little girls helped Kiree paint and then play with play dough. Then it was time to clean up and get ready to go home. Jaide enjoyed getting to be a "car rider" for the first time going home from school. We played outside at home for awhile and Jaide got to watch her bus drop the other kids off a little while later.
Friday night we packed up a picnic dinner and went to the outdoor pool for the first time this season. The girls were really excited and they even helped me get dinner packed up. It's really nice now that Kiree can walk the entire length of the baby pool confidently.
Saturday Bob and I had a lot of projects to work on around the house. The girls were bored (we're doing the fast from the world- ie no tv/videos/etc this month) and I needed to spray paint some stuff in the backyard anyway, so I set up the kiddie pools for the girls. The slide that came with the one pool never stays in very well anyway, so we set it up at the bottom of the plastic slide. It was a good little set up. The girls enjoyed it very much.
On Sunday the girls wore their matching dresses I bought this week at the Children's Place outlet. They were only $3.99 each and then I got an extra 20% off with a coupon! Swinging skirts are great for dancing!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

So many cute pictures! The girls look super cute in their new dresses.

I'm glad Kiree had a good time at school, although she might be disappointed when she learns that you don't just eat snacks and do art projects all the time. Sounds like fun, though.

kathy said...

Happy Flag Day! I may not have found true love on flag day but I...can't think of anything witty to say. Happy Media Fast month too. Isn't it refreshing to get away from most forms of media ie tv ect minus the blog. We love the Ricks' (you putd a Ess on it) -rj

Mahaffey Family said...

Fun times! I Love your dress find-The Children's Place is awesome for deals!!!!

Emily Petty said...

So cute Meg! That's great that Jaide's school celebrates summer birthdays, as a summer birthday I was always sad in Elem. school that I never got to have cupcakes. :) Love the girls matching dresses and what a deal!!

Hules said...

Those dresses are darling. Let me guess, the Children's place at Arundel Mills mall? I miss that mall. The closest Children's place outlet is in Park City.

That summer celebration almost sounds better than the ones during the school year. I was supposed to just SEND treats. Although, they do invite parents to come eat lunch with the kids, so that was cool.

Just once, I thought it would have been fun to not have a summer birthday. Yet, I think it was funner to never have to go to school on my summer birthday.

Fiorenza said...

They are so cute! I don't blame the kids in Jaide's class for being excited to see Kiree.

Becky

BrookieT said...

I love those dresses! Nothing beats summer fun outdoors in the pool. Next time I am going to remember sunscreen for my kids!