Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jaide's Birthday

Can you believe Jaide is six already!  We celebrated her birthday at Pump it up (an inflatable slides/bouncy house/etc place near us).  Jaide was very excited to be able to invite so many friends from school and church.  I made a pump it up cake for Jaide.  It's supposed to be the obstacle course, but I didn't have a picture for reference.  It is much simpler than the real thing.  I used the same awesome marshmallow fondant recipe I used to make Kiree's cake last year.  It turned out much better this time because I actually noticed that the standard bag of mini marshmallows I buy is smaller than what is called for in the recipe.  I ended up using a bag and a half!  

My original design had cake walls, but the walls came a tumblin' down during the crumb coat phase.  




Here's the actual obstacle course.













The kids seemed to have a great time playing and even Bob and I played a little bit too.






 









Then we had snacks and cake in the party room.









 

Jaide and some of her friends from school.






Jaide opened up some presents, she makes great excited/happy faces any time she gets a present.  It is fun to watch.







The last thing we did to celebrate on Jaide's birthday was to bunk the bunk beds.  Now that Jaide was officially six years old, she could sleep on the top bunk.





Here are a few more pictures from the day.   



























3 comments:

Mahaffey Family said...

That was a great party! And I loved the cake-so creative!

Hules said...

Fun, Fun! Happy Birthday! 6 years, WoW! These girls are growing too fast!

Hey, where'd ya get those bunk beds?

Meg said...

we got the bunk beds from BJs. We bought them when I was pregnant with Kiree, I think.