Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Larriland Farm

Today Jaide's class went to Larriland Farm to pick apples. I wasn't picked as a chaperon (they had to do a drawing to pick) but the teacher said parents could come and meet at the farm for the picnic lunch. That worked out well for us, since I could drive and take Kiree along too. Jaide and her classmates each got to pick five apples. Kiree and I picked some apples for ourselves (Jaide and her friend helped us a bit too). We didn't get to go on the hayride, but we did meet up with Jaide for lunch. We got to see some animals and a hay maze too. Several kids yelled out "hi Jaide's mom!" during the trip. Kiree got a couple of hugs. Before we left, Kiree and I picked out some mini pumpkins and a squash for dinner at the store there. It was nice of the weather to hold out while we were there. It started to rain as we drove home. It would have been nice to get some pictures of the trip but I forgot to grab the camera. It hasn't been working super great lately anyway. I sure wish I had a cell phone with a camera, maybe I'll have to ask Santa for one.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Now I just need to come up with something to do with $15 worth of apples. they are tasty!

Emily Petty said...

I love Larriland Farm - I missed going this summer. Sounds like a fun field trip!