Monday, September 6, 2010

Potty Wars

I'm not sure what to do about the kiddo and her lack of willingness to use the potty. She seems to be able to tell when she needs to go and sometimes she even lets us know in advance. But most of the time, she'd just rather go in her diaper. If we suggest that she go potty she says she doesn't want to. When we went to Ikea on Saturday we discovered that Kiree is now tall enough to go to the play area but she can't go until she is potty trained. She was sad, but quickly got over it. She wants to go play, but she doesn't want to do what it takes (ie use the potty! now, and every time you have to go) We've tried a lot of things. Maybe I just need to wait until she wants it more. We offered to throw a party for her (she loves parties!) when she's gotten it down. But maybe that seems way too far off for her. Maybe we should have a celebration if she has one dry day or something. I don't know. We were spoiled with Jaide. sigh.

3 comments:

atomicbob said...

Rome wasn't built in a day, I think there is still time before we really need to worry.

Smendrick said...

"Stress-Free Potty Training" by Peter Stavinoha and Sara Au is a totally awesome book!

Good luck--I hate potty training. It's quite possibly my least favorite aspect of parenting so far!

Elizabeth said...

Jade is going through the same phase right now. It's on and off for us. She was really motivated for a while for new underwear, new toys, new jammies... I've heard of potty parties where you do it all in one day, but we haven't tried that. It's quite the adventure! I wish I could offer more advice!