Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mystery Inc.



We're kind of missing Halloween this year, so we have had to have some dressing up fun early. We went to Fright Fest at Six Flags last Saturday with the kids and two of their friends. The four of us wore our costumes. This year we're the Mystery Inc gang from Scooby Doo. Jaide is Scooby Doo, Kiree is Daphne, I'm Velma, and Bob is Shaggy. We were kinda like celebrities going around the park. I don't think adults are actually supposed to dress up
, but I don't think anyone was going to mistake me for a park employed ghoul (that's what I was always afraid of at Fright Fest growing up, weirdos in costume who weren't employees). I know at least a couple of people took my picture. I liked the people who talked to us about our costumes more than the people who stood nearby and talked about us like we couldn't hear them. But people seemed to like our costumes. One little boy asked us where Fred and the mystery machine were. The part of the day the kids liked best was the candy!
The other day the girls and I got to wear our costumes again to a friend's Halloween party. Ironically, Shaggy was at work. ha ha!

7 comments:

Meg said...

In case you were wondering about the costumes, I got my shirt and skirt at the thrift store. The shirt was white, so I dyed it orange. I found the orange socks at Joanns and I had the glasses and shoes. Bob had his outfit already. I got Jaide's costume from ebay and Kiree's dress is from Macy's and the neckercheif from Hobby Lobby. Her shoes were on clearance at Target. We tied purple ribbon in Kiree's hair (then the ribbon got lost at Six Flags and I bought a headband at Michaels) I did not sew one single thing.

Cindy said...

Very cute. You guys all look awesome.

BrookieT said...

I love it! Where do you come up with your costume ideas?

Meg said...

It was the girls' idea. They love Scooby Doo.

Mahaffey Family said...

You guys looked great! You always have such cute costume ideas!

Jenny said...

Very cute costumes!

Hules said...

Ah, you guys are SO cute! Our other cousin that is the exact same age as Kiree is also Scooby Doo this year. Are you guys going on a trip somewhere?