Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Jaide has been learning about Thanksgiving at school. Last week, Jaide's school had a Thanksgiving feast for the first graders and their "special persons." Bob and Kiree attended that. This week was the annual Turkey Trot. Kiree and I came and cheered Jaide and her classmates on and joined them in running the last part.
Today is Thanksgiving. Yesterday I made two pies and a crust for Bob's pie. Today we're making some side dishes and Bob is making cranberry meringue pie.
This morning we got some exercise running to the library and back.
This afternoon, we'll have turkey time with some friends. Tonight I'm going shopping!
We have a lot to be thankful for. What I'm most thankful for is all of our family and friends!
Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Meg said...

It wasn't actually all that cold, but it was a bit foggy and wet. That and we'd just gotten out the winter stuff, so everybody wanted to wear hats and mittens.

rj said...

We love little Jaide so much. She is such a cute little girl. I would not want to go on the Mayflower either if they did have food or showers.

rj said...

We love little Jaide so much. She is such a cute little girl. I would not want to go on the Mayflower either if they did have food or showers.

Tracy said...

What a good girl you are to go exercise! I also went shopping in the wee hours of the morning. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. Hope you got some good deals!