Well one before and after I have for you today. The railing. I used Restore-a-finish and it looks much better now with minimal effort on my part. Hooray! Done and done.
Spider man was here. Thanks Spidey for keeping that light fixture out of paint's way!
This next one has a couple of things we've done all in one. First, there's the fallen tree branch from the backyard. I'm making it bloom like I've seen in magazines! It's going to be awesome! It's already starting to open. Also, you might notice the painted cabinet, all finished painting (except for touching up where we scratched it getting the stupid top shelf in). There's also boxes of stuff we've bought but haven't put together yet, The orange bucket and wipe container under it are full of crayons we unwrapped for the next Activity Day at church (I had to pay Jaide $2 to do most of it for me. Bob was smart and told her to soak the papers off). Then there's the table itself. An Ikea hack! I bought a butcher block counter top. We used the table saw to take 5" off it the long way. Bob sanded (thanks Bob!) and also drilled holes for the adjustable table legs. Soon that neat little counter/table is going to have two cute little stools (also in boxes, waiting to be assembled) under it. The white wire part in the foreground is the top of a birdcage I spray painted white (it was forest green when I bought it at a yard sale a couple of years ago and also as it sat collecting dust in the utility room the last few years). If you ask Kiree (or maybe she'll just tell you) it's going to be a deh-coe-ray-shun. And then she might ask you several times why it's called a bird cage.
I had fun with spray paint
I'm really sorry if that picture shows up sideways (I changed it once and I don't know what to do to make it stay)