Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Break- part 1

It was spring break last week and yesterday.  It's been a nice break from school for Jaide but not a break from the craziness that is our life right now.


The first Saturday of spring break we went to the gym and it happened to be member day or something.  The girls got to get their faces painted which they thoroughly love to do.  The rest of the day people asked us if whatever place we happened to be at had face painting going on.  We went to an Easter thing at Toys R Us (the girls got to find stickers throughout the store and then got a "goody bag.")  Then we had lunch at Chick-fil-a over at the mall before going into the mall and buying Jaide some new sneakers.  Her old one's had a big hole in them.   Kiree got some Dora sneakers for future wearing as well (the striderite outlet had a buy one get one 50% off sale).
Like two kids in a toy store.
On Monday we went and saw the most gorgeous, awesome, perfect house.  By the time we finally let the realtor know we wanted to put in an offer on it, it was showing up as under contract as of Monday (the day we went and saw it! )  We had let our realtor know we wanted to go see it the day it came on the market (Friday) but she was out of town that weekend.  It is a short sale, so maybe things will fall through for the first people.  Who knows?  Monday was also the day our new dishwasher was to be delivered (the new new one).  It was supposed to come sometime between 2:15 and 4:15.  It came at nearly 5 which was also the time we were supposed to meet the realtor at that house.  Sigh.  Then later that day Bob installed it with much crankiness.  But all's well that ends well and this one works every time- unlike the last one that only did rinse cycle and didn't do any other cycle fully until we tried it one last time on Sunday night.
At the Easter Egg Hunt, love my girls awesome baskets no?
Tuesday we went to an Easter egg hunt at the home of one of our friends.  Despite some light rain, we were still able to have it outside.  I thought the realtor tour was supposed to be that day, but apparently it wasn't until today.  And this time I could tell that they actually did come.  So I guess we'll find out what they had to say at some point.
Unsurprisingly, the turn light no longer functions.
Thursday and Friday were our "vacation days."  We went to the pool at the gym in the morning.  Went to the temple after that and then headed south to Richmond.  We spent the night in Richmond before going to King's Dominion amusement park.  On the way there, we got rear ended.  The lady behind us some how lost control and hit us twice.  I think her car might have been stuck to ours when we pulled off but then it got free and careened off around us and for some distance in the grass.  We at first thought they were trying to make a break for it, but they did end up stopping.  We're still waiting on her insurance company to take care of our car. After I opened the trunk it would not close again.  I don't know how much longer will have the green car.
That car way far ahead in the grass, that's the one that hit us.

1 comment:

BrookieT said...

WOW! What a crazy thing to have happen. I am glad nobody was hurt and that the person didn't run away...