Monday, June 27, 2011

It's summer doancha know

School's finally over for the summer! Jaide had her last day last Wednesday. We ended up missing the first grade picnic the Friday before because Jaide wasn't feeling well. That was the first time Jaide ever missed school because she was sick. But Jaide did make it back for the last three half days of school. Unlike last year, Jaide was very happy about the end of the school year. She is also very excited about being a second grader.
We are all looking forward to our trip to California to visit Bob's family. Jaide hasn't been to their house since she was almost nursery age. Kiree has never been. The girls are very excited to swim in Grandma and Grandpa's pool. Bob and I are going to go on a little trip by ourselves during our trip to California. We've never gone anywhere without the kids! Our 9th anniversary is tomorrow, so we'll be celebrating that.
This summer may prove to be full of adventures. We shall see what happens with the house situation. Besides all of that shenanagins I'd like to do some fun activities with the girls this summer. I'm not going to do theme weeks like I've done in the past, but I have a few things I'd like to do. I want to write a story with the girls. I'd like to put on a play. I'm sure we'll also go swimming, play outside, and have play dates. We've already planned one camping trip and we'll definitely have to make use of our state park pass. The girls are signed up for a one week soccer camp in August. We'll have to bust out the calendar and figure out when we'll be doing what soon because school starts up again August 29th.

2 comments:

becgarcia said...

Wow, congrats on nine years! I can't believe Jaide will be in 2nd grade because she was in nursery when I moved here.

BrookieT said...

You are such a fun mom! Can we come play too?? :) Actually, my kids would probably love to be part of a play. What a good idea!