Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My First 5K

at the start of the race
towards the end of the last lap, a short distance from the finish line
The PTA at Jaide's school held a 5K race as a fundraiser this year. I decided to run it. I looked up some training tips online and practiced mostly on the treadmill at the gym. The race was this past Saturday. I finished the race in 25:50. I was the 35th out of like 124. I was the 8th female overall and the 3rd female in the 30-39 age group. I got a little medal at the end for being 3rd in my age group. The kids are enjoying playing with it. It was a lot of fun to cheer everyone on at the finish line. A lot of kids ran too. Jaide wants to run next year.

2 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Congrats again - your time is great! I never thought I'd run, but I'll have to join you when we return to MD in the fall.

Kim said...

Awesome job on the 5k!