Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November Round Up

And here's the rest of November:

I got to go with Kiree on her preschool field trip to a farm. We went on a hayride and learned about pilgrims.
Kiree got to go up and demonstrate what pilgrim girls did. It was freezing, freezing cold! We were all happy to leave at the end. Kiree and her friend I drove both fell asleep on the ride back.















Kiree's preschool had a pancake breakfast fundraiser at Appleby's one Saturday morning. As a member of the fundraising committee, I got to help out with plating pancakes and busing tables. It was fun. We also all ate some pancakes.



















The Monday before Thanksgiving was the turkey trot at Jaide's school. Kiree was very excited about it. Part of it is on the path from school toward our house. Kiree ran the first part with Jaide (just around the field).
I'm happy Jaide was willing to go a lot slower than she could have to stick with her sister.


Thanksgiving was just the four of us. I wanted to go for a hike at the state park that morning, but we ended up sleeping in and then spending the rest of the day cooking. Bob stayed in his PJs all day long! Jaide and I were going to go to Michael's Thanksgiving night, but Jaide decided to stay home and play wii. I went and bought lots of yarn and some stuff for Activity Day. Bob and I did some black Friday shopping separately. I got to take the kids with me. I went to Walmart at about 8:30am and all the sheet sets that had been on sale were gone. There were piles of TVs still however. I just bought some ornaments. The girls went with a friend and her mom to see the Muppet movie that afternoon and in the evening we took family photos at Target. They had a black Friday deal where you could get a CD of all the pictures for $49.99. That's what we got.









Saturday we finally went on our hike at the state park. The girls did very well.
We hiked the paved trail from the swinging bridge to the one end and back. Next time I think we'll bring the girls bikes.

We put up the Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. It's a brand new pre-lit tree and one row of branches doesn't light. Bob has been trying unsuccessfully to get it fixed. The company that made the tree has now sent us two replacement sections, neither of which fit into the bottom part of our tree. Today it looks like they sent us a new top piece. I think we're going to end up with a whole new tree at this rate. We've been slowly putting up all the Christmas stuff and I've been painting the family room.







No comments: