Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year! Stuff I want to do in 2012

It's a new year and I'm cautiously optimistic. Actually, there's a lot to look forward to. Here are 12 goals I have for 2012.

1. Get exercise every day.
At some point we're going to have to get a new gym, like maybe in April. For now I'm doing a prenatal yoga DVD (part of it anyway), walking Jaide to school, and trying to find other ways to get a little more movement in.

2. No more candy. (at least until April)
I'm gaining weight and I have to, but I don't want to gain too much, too fast. I think between Halloween and Christmas I've eaten way too much candy. Candy isn't necessary. I'm not limiting other sweets or stuff that's home made by me.

3. Eat lots of fruit and veggies.
4. No more soda. (also at least until April)
I got into a bad habit with soda during morning sick times. It's not necessary either.

5. Empty kitchen sink every night.
Got to get back on the daily dishes bandwagon.

6. Laundry every week day.
It's easier to complete little loads- all the way to put away!

7. Remind kids of their chores and see that they're done.
They both have things they're supposed to do each evening and we often forget.

8. Meet obligations early.
I was thinking specifically about recurring things I have to do, like planning activity days and making the monthly PTA newsletter. I prefer being on top of things to putting out fires, so that's what I should be doing right?

9. Plan ahead for the next day the night before.
Check the calendar, pack lunches or other stuff that make my life easier in the morning.

10. Six dates with Bob.
Kind of lame, but yeah, we haven't been going on tons of dates without the kids. I'm trying to be realistic.

11. Monthly kid dates.
Each month let one of the kids pick an activity for the family.

12. Be kind to myself and others.

No comments: