Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bob and his daughter, Bob and his son


The primary baptism day for July just happened to be on Jaide's birthday.  The other family with a kid turning 8 in July decided to wait until next month, so Jaide was the only one getting baptized that day.
It was a special day which started out memorably (not exactly in a good way).  I was up late making cookies and then had to make frosting and frost cookies and cupcakes in the morning.  It was hard to get everyone ready to go on time.  Jaide decided after getting dressed in her white dress to open up a bottle of nail polish she got from one of her friends for her birthday.  She got it on her dress.  Bob's mom tried to get it out, but it didn't come out.  Fortunately, I had bought two dresses in two different sizes.  Jaide ended up wearing the bigger dress.  In our rush to get out the door (we still ended up being late, but so was everyone else) we forgot to grab a towel or dry undies for Jaide.  I had to make due with the random stuff we had in the trunk of the van (bright orange undies).  I thought I had a hair thing in the diaper bag, but no I didn't.  I found an elastic tag in the bathroom and used that to hold the end of Jaide's braid after the baptism.
But despite the craziness, it was a wonderful, spiritual day.  Bob's mom gave the talk on baptism.  My mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.  We sang Jaide's favorite primary song, When I am Baptized.  Bob's dad and I gave the prayers and Luke stayed asleep the whole time.  Bob baptized Jaide and confirmed her along with his dad, our home teachers, and some friends.

Originally we had planned to have Luke's blessing the Sunday after Jaide's baptism.  We ended up deciding to have it the week before, during the family reunion so that Bob's brothers and brother in law could participate.  It was nice to have it be it's own thing and it was nice to not have any other things to have to worry about after the reunion, Jaide's party, and her baptism.  I was tired.  Luke, Kiree, and I all ended up with a cold.  Luke and I stayed home the Sunday after Jaide's baptism.  Everybody seems to be doing better now.

No comments: