Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Birthday Boy


I kept meaning to write a post about what we did for Luke's birthday with the obligatory pictures of cakey face but didn't get around to it until now.  
I made mini carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting.  I thought they were delicious, the girls wished they were chocolate
We went to Port Discovery, the children's museum in Baltimore.  Since it took me so long to get the cakes decorated, we didn't get down to the museum until after 3pm.  At 3:30, they started charging only half price admission so we waited for that.  The girls would have like to have had longer to play, but we still had fun.  
They had a traveling exhibit about the Wizard of Oz movie.  They had replica ruby slippers.  Kiree, Luke, and I got to go see a real pair at the Smithsonian more recently.  
  

replica shoes

the yellow brick road did not really go any where



pretending to Oz the Great and Powerful!  I think the video is funny because of what the girl says at the end.
video

 One of the last areas we played in was a little 50s diner.  Luke was really happy crawling around the museum but while we were in the diner some little girl ran at him and tackled him.  Then she pinned him down!  I don't know what that girl's deal was.  Poor boy!  Such mean treatment and on his birthday!



















I inadvertently got a picture of the little girl who tackled and pinned down my poor little Lukey

When it was time to leave the museum we headed toward home and picked up some dinner from chick-fil-a.  After dinner we had birthday cake and presents!  If I had made box cake it would have been a little softer and Luke probably would have ate more of the actual cake, but he did quite like the frosting. 
duckie candle





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liκе your blog.. very nice сolors & theme.
Dіd you ԁesign this website yοurself or did you
hirе someone to do іt for you? Plz answer bаck аs І'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. cheers

Check out my page: abrir cuenta facebook

Meg said...

I found a tutorial online on how to change the background, headers, and other settings on the blog. I wish I remembered how exactly it is done, but it's been a while now.