Friday, May 31, 2013

Robins

One last post I'm back dating to May since it happened then. We noticed a while back (maybe late April) that a robin was building a nest in one of the bushes behind our screen porch. I was a bit worried we would scare her off but she was not phased by the kids or the loud deck sanding going on. It seemed like she was hardly making any progress bringing tiny bits of stuff over a little at a time but before we knew it there was this really big and sturdy looking nest. Lucky for us it was right where we could easily see it from the screen porch. At one point I noticed the bird in the nest more often. I looked into the nest one time when she was out and saw the top of a bright blue egg. Eventually the egg hatched we got see a baby bird. It was hard to see at first, but there were actually four baby birds in there. I realized that there was more than one bird coming and feeding the babies so I looked it up online and found out that both the mom and dad birds feed the babies. The babies got bigger and bigger and started to get feathers. They looked very crowded in the nest. Then the next morning, they were all gone.
I took a couple of videos. video




No comments: