Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of School!

The day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived!
At the kindergarten orientation and school open house, Kiree said that she wished it was Monday already.  She prayed on Saturday night that Sunday would go by quickly.

The girls both got up and had breakfast with Bob.  By the time I came downstairs they were both dressed and Jaide had her backpack on.


The girls were literally running up the path (and not because we were late!)
I didn't get a very good shot of it, but after hugs and kisses, the girls walked in to school holding hands.















During school Luke and I played with sidewalk chalk and then took a long walk to the library.  Coming home, I cut through the school yard and saw a group of kindergarten kids being introduced to the recess area and being told not to go into the forest area.  It made me think of the first years being told about the forbidden forest in Harry Potter.
Luke was a little clingy.  He was a little tired because he fell asleep coming home from our walk and only got about a 45 minute nap rather than a good two hours in his bed.  I ended up putting him down for another nap after we picked the girls up.  Luke was excited to see his sisters.  They were excited to tell me about their day.  Everyone was pretty happy.  I think it's going to be a good year!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Awww! Yay for a good year and for cute siblings!